Imperium Commodity Search
Title: Dry Cargo Charter Broker
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Global (Multiple office locations)
Retained & Exclusive Vacancy
Imperium Commodity Search is retained by a market leading Shipbroker to support its global expansion in the dry cargo sector. The firm has been at the forefront of the Ship broking sector in various markets for many years and is now looking to replicate this in the Dry Cargo segment of their business through an aggresive and global growth plan across the dry desk.
The firm is a household name within the Ship Brokerage world, currently operating across 15+ locations globally offering Charter, Project, S&P and Research services to both the Dry and Wet markets supported by innovative technology and market insights. We are seeking Senior Dry Cargo Charter Brokers/Teams across multiple locations to spearhead the growth within this market.
- Responsible for managing and developing client base within the Dry Bulk chartering sector across Shipowners/Charterers, Trading Houses, Producers and Commodity Logistics/Supply Chain corporates
- Negotiate Spot and Time charters across multiple vessel classes (Handymax, Panamax, Supramax etc) to maximise revenues
- Charter broker both competitive and exclusive dry bulk business within various geographical markets (EMEA, APAC, NWE) promoting the businesses services to customers and new clients
- Negotiate/close new charter party contracts ensuring all relevant documentations are complete with all company standards and procedures being adhered to
- Liaise with operations and interal/external counterparties to remedy any issues arising on the dry cargo desk
- Identify new market opportunities within the dry bulk/dry cargo and dry charter sector maintaining a handle on industry news and market analysis to execute global business development strategies
- 3+ years’ experience within a Ship Brokerage focused on the Dry Cargo Charter desk across various vessel classes (Handymax, Panamax, Supramax etc)
- Successful track record of developing and closing business within the Dry Cargo space with existing client relations across the dry cargo sector
- Key understanding of Charter party agreements and documentations with the ability to review and negotiate terms of business with customers
- Deep understanding off the Dry Cargo/Dry Bulk sector, ability to analyse and produce in depth market reports highlighting trends and pricing data both internally and externally with customers.
- Proficient and effective communication skills in English with additional languages beneficial.
The shipbrokerage markets are close knit in many regions and we understand the need for the strictest of confidentiality considerations. To arrange an in-confidence discussion with the managing consultants on this account, please contact either Josh Clark or Mark Taylor:
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
+44 (0) 203 927 5090 | +1 312 380 0225 | +65 3158 1066
ESG: This search is contributing to our efforts to reforest Malawi with our partners Ripple Africa