Imperium Commodity Search
Title: Proprietary | Derivatives Trader (Oil Markets)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Imperium Commodity Search is working exclusively with a well-established Oil trading company that for the last two decades has built a reliable business around the Marine fuels and Cargo trading sector. With vast experience in the Physical oil markets across their international offices they are seeking an experience derivatives trader to assist in the Hedging and Risk strategies for their physical trading but also be the forefront of developing a Derivatives / Speculative trading desk across oil products. The firm has trading offices across both London and the Mediterranean along with its Supply business across the Black Sea.
- Develop Hedging and Risk management strategies for the physical cargo trading book with use of derivative markets.
- Responsible for developing the speculative trading book across oil products (Gas Oil, Fuel Oil, Light Ends, Crude, Heavy Products etc)
- Monitor Derivative Oil markets across futures, Options, Swaps on OTC markets to develop profitable trading strategies.
- Ability to formulates Pricing / Hedging strategies via use of live publishing platforms such as S&P Platts and analyzing exchanges such ICE futures.
- Monitor daily exposure and risk limits with responsibility of managing daily close and book PnL.
- Work closely with senior management from the Physical desk to speculatively trade within market mandates.
- 4 years’ experience derivatives trading within the Oil markets for a Trading house, Fund, Banks, Prop Shop etc.
- Desire to develop a speculative / Derivatives trading book for a physical trading house with full PnL responsibilities.
- Understanding of all live pricing and analytical platforms such as Platts, Reuters etc with ability to produce accurate market data.
- Experience trading across Oil Markets (ULSD, Gasoil, Fuel Oil, LSFO, Crude, Naphtha, Lights Ends, Refined Products)
- Proven track record of Profitable Proprietary / Speculative trading within risk and exposure limits.
- Located in London UK (or willing to relocate)
The Shipping business in certain sectors is a small one, and we understand the need for confidentiality in conversations. To arrange an in-confidence discussion with the managing consultants on this account, please contact either Josh Clark or Mark Taylor:
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please apply using the form below.