Imperium Commodity Search
Title: Soft Commodity & Agricultural Derivatives Broker
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Salary: Base Salary (region of 80-120,000GBP) + Scaleable Revenue Split
Retained & Exclusive Vacancy
Imperium Commodity Search is retained by one of the worlds largest physical grain brokerage houses as they grow their derivatives portfolio across softs & agricultural derivatives brokerage. With a small but talented team in London and the US on derivatives, our client has a substantial physical and cash grains book globally with access to a wealth of market data across the markets.
With this physical presence, our client has immense ability to cross and upsell derivatives execution and brokerage services to institutional and corporate clients with live data and on the ground insights to the physical movement of agri commodities globally.
As well as this market access, our client has a non-siloed approach to brokerage, with brokers able to execute on all markets and drive profitablity through multiple sources. Specifically of interest for current growth plans is vegetable oil, palm oil, edible oils, biofuels and black sea wheat, but there is appetite across a range of all soft and agri commodity asset classes.
- Manage derivatives brokerage on CBOT and MATIF markets, developing relationships with clients across funds, trading houses, banks and institutional clients in oils, soft oils, edible oils, biofuels, biodiesel and wheat
- Market and execute liquidity swaps, futures and options in grains, agri and soft commodity markets (primarily edible oils, biofuels etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability and market access of the firm through the physical cash presence in the grains and agri markets
- Actively drive business development with new and existing clients
- Prepare and distrubute market data to clients for analytical and business development purposes
- Work with established internal team on growth of new lines, clients and markets
- Keep up to date on market movement and developments across the derivatives soft commodity and agricultural markets
- 3-5+ years of experience in a derivatives brokerage covering soft commodity and agricultural commodities.
- Good understanding of niche within softs and agri (veg oil, edible oil, biodiesel, biofuel etc.)
- A modest book of clients/access (realistically only 1-200,000 in revenues transferable)
- Desire to build a broader book in a small, family orientated and entrepreneurial business
- Business development and sales focused with a team orientated mentality
To discuss this position in confidence, please contact Mark Taylor at email@example.com or apply below.
The markets here are small by headcount – all discussions are in strict confidence. You can call our offices at +44 (0) 203 927 5090. Outside of London, our client is also growing in Singapore and the USA and we are keen to discuss options in these locations with candidates based there.