Imperium Commodity Search
Title: Energy Brokerage Team (OTC Listed)
Contract type: Permanent
Location: New York or Houston, USA
Salary: Draw plus Commissions
Retained & Exclusive Vacancy
Imperium Commodity Search has been retained by a market leading Commodity brokerage seeking exponential growth over the coming years. To assist in these growth plans, they are seeking energy brokerage teams with a need for more service offering, cross-sell and upsell opportunity across a range of markets including Crude, Nat Gas, Renewables, RINs, Oil, Products and LPG/NGLs.
The firm operates a Global presence across Commodity Classes with 12+ global offices with the North American Energy division consisting of 10 desks across numerous sectors (Crude, Nat-Gas, LPG, Renewables, Petrochemicals, Ethanol, Environmental Markets Etc) with multiple locations across the States covering NY, Houston, Chicago, New Jersey and Florida. The company has a dynamic approach to the commodity markets with leading technology supported by multiple divisions allowing their Brokers to cross sell and up sell across the business offering a full range of brokerage services (Risk management, Clearing, 24hr Execution desk, Hedging solutions, DMA, consulting & advisory etc) which has enabled them to be one of most successful FCM/IDB’s in the Energy space.
- Responsible for managing a product group within Energy Derivatives (Futures / Swaps / Options), Incorporating this business into a well-established X-Energy business
- Manage relationships with Institutional clients Banks, Hedge Funds, Prop-Shops, Trading Houses across the OTC-Listed Energy markets
- Provide Voice/Electronic execution services, whilst upselling and cross selling the company’s brokerage services (24hr execution desk, clearing, risk management, tailored hedging solutions)
- Produce up to date market / Pricing analysis liaising within in house Analysts and research houses (Bloomberg, Reuters, Argus etc) providing reports, market insights to customers in the alligned energy space.
- Understanding energy derivatives and instrument’s covering Futures, Options Basis, Swaps Basis contracts and the fundamentals of Hedging/Risk management behind these contracts and markets.
- Identify new business opportunities whilst managing key accounts within the relevant Energy, Oil, Gas or Renewables market
- 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Energy Brokerage position with a IDB/FCM with exposure to Futures/Swap/Options/OTC contracts.
- Transferable portfolio of execution business within an Energy/Renewables product area
- Excellent understanding of Derivative products Swaps / Options / Basis Swaps / Basis options / Fixed Price / Futures.
- Proven record of developing profitable business within the Energy Brokerage markets exceeding 500k USD revenue per year
- Desire to cross sell and upsell the company’s brokerage services and related market products.
- Experienced in producing Market/Pricing Reports to clients.
- Series 3 NFA license
- US Citizenship or existing work permit required
The energy brokerage business in certain sectors is a small one, and we understand the need for confidentiality in conversations. To arrange an in-confidence discussion with the managing consultants on this account, please contact either Mark Taylor or Josh Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Alternatively you can call our offices during US trading hours on (312) 380 0225